What we do
At our R&D headquarters in Tel Aviv, we’ve assembled an elite team of offensive cybersecurity researchers led by VP of Security Research Amit Klein and CTO and co-founder Itzik Kotler.
Our goal is to two-fold. First, we arm the SafeBreach platform with the Hacker's Playbook™ of breach methods based on analysis of breaches in the headlines. We do this via external monitoring of the hacker underground, sourcing of intelligence feeds and collaboration with security research teams. Second, we proactively identify new and unique breach methods as part of our research and development as part of our effort to "simulate the hacker". This research is shared with the security community at conferences like Hack in the Box, Black Hat, RSA and DEFCON.
SafeBreach Labs also delivers regular Hacker's Playbook Reports that provide insights on enterprise security trends and risky behaviors from the point-of-view of an "attacker".
- "Adventures of A/V and the Leaky Sandbox" - Black Hat and DEF CON 2017
- "BitsInject" - DEF CON 2017
- Blog - Building a Python BITS Server, Alex Litvak and Dor Azouri, July 2017
- Research - “Crippling HTTPS with Unholy PAC” , Itzik Kotler and Amit Klein, Black Hat USA, August 2016
- Blog - Fuzzing the Kill Chain, Itzik Kotler, July 2016
- Research - “In Plain Sight: The Perfect Exfiltration” Itzik Kotler and Amit Klein, Hack In The Box Amsterdam, May 2016
- Research - “Goodbye Data, Hello Exfiltration” Itzik Kotler, BSides Orlando, March 2016
- Blog - HTTP Response Splitting in Node.js , Amit Klein, February 2016
- Blog - I See Your True ECHO_REQUEST Patterns (Pinging Data Away), Itzik Kotler, December 2015
SafeBreach Bulletins and Updates:
- Bulletin - Hacker's Playbook Updated with Hidden Cobra Methods, June 20, 2017
- Bulletin - Hacker's Playbook Updated with PowerPoint MouseOver Methods, June 13, 2017
- Bulletin - Hacker's Playbook Updated with JAFF Ransomware Methods, June 13, 2017
- Bulletin - Hacker's Playbook Updated With WannaCry Methods, May 15, 2017
- Blog - RedLeaves in SpringTime, May 9, 2017
- Blog - SafeBreach Labs partners with Mitre, April 18, 2017
As part of our goal to give back to the community and contribute to open source projects, we share our research on GitHub.
The SafeBreach Hacker’s Playbook is the first to report enterprise security trends and risky behaviors from the point-of-view of an attacker.