Director of Product Marketing - Marketing
SafeBreach is a pioneer in the cyber category of Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS). The company's groundbreaking platform provides a "hacker's view" of an enterprise's security posture to proactively predict attacks, validate security controls and improve SOC analyst response. SafeBreach automatically executes breach methods with an extensive and growing Hacker's Playbook™ of research and real-world investigative data. With headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA, the company is funded by Sequoia Capital, Deutsche Telekom Capital, Hewlett Packard Pathfinder, PayPal and investor Shlomo Kramer.
As Product Marketing Director for SafeBreach, you will work closely with our product and sales teams to create compelling buyer-facing messaging, content and collateral that will educate our prospects and drive sales. You are a results-driven content creation expert, and will be our go-to person in understanding our buyers and the needs of the continuous security validation market, what it means to think like a hacker, and how to develop an offensive security mindset. You’ll understand how prospects buy, their purchase criteria, and transfer that knowledge to the sales channel. You will focus a large percentage of your time working to develop compelling content and tactics that drive conversion and enable the sales team. You will work closely with the product management team to develop product related content for customers.
If you know how to translate technical capabilities into business-level benefits for the target personas, have keen attention to detail, an eye for quality and want to join a fast growing start-up that is shaping the industry, this role is for you.
- A passionate self-starter with a combination of business, product, and technical knowledge who has a proven ability to kick-start new content creation initiatives and see them through to successful sales and customer-facing adoption
- Able to work with the product management organization to understand what’s coming in the roadmap to inform and build positioning, messaging and content to support product positioning - distill key “whole product” capabilities into compelling buyer-facing messages, collateral and other marketing assets
- The expert on profiling buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria
- Able to communicate the value proposition from customers and the product organization to the sales organization; and to develop effective sales tools that support all parts of the sales cycle
- Able to work closely with sales and marketing and product management to execute world-class marketing programs
- Comfortable and enjoy working with both technical and non-technical people, with communication skills that are second to none. You are an effective and succinct presenter to external audiences
- Always finding best practices, using internal and external resources, and being a living example of these for sales enablement, content creation and more.
- Be comfortable proof-reading and editing content that is developed by engineers and product managers for whom English is a second language.
- Experience and domain expertise in security required
- Excellent communication skills, including demonstrated proficiency in oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into the right marketing “stories” and benefits for customers”
- Ability to think out of the box and test new, creative approaches and strategies
- Passion for results, measurement and optimization to continuously drive ROI
- At least 6-10 years of experience in product marketing, including presenting at events, marketing product releases and creating compelling product content.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience working with remote engineering and product management teams desired