Technical Release Manager - R&D
Tel Aviv, IL
The Technical Release Manager in SafeBreach is responsible for the release scoping and planning, hands-on testing and controlling of the build. The Release Manager is responsible for the delivery of quality releases in a predictable and transparent way.
Our ideal candidate is a sharp & dynamic individual who is comfortable with both technical and management challenges. You will collaborate with other teams (Product, R&D, Delivery) to impact and reflect priorities across the entire organization.
- Manage the release process, risks, and prioritization, and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Work closely with the product team, R&D and Q&A to understand the full content, technical aspects and business goals of each release
- Hands-on testing (automated and manual), manage the continuous build and maintain release infrastructure
- Communicate release details and schedules to key stakeholders as required
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build, release procedures and release notes
- Lead without authority and push tasks forward to the completion
- 3-5 years of managerial experience in software development, R&D project management
- Experience in source code management methodologies and tools (e.g. GIT, Jira) - a must
- Experience in automation of release/build processes
- Experience in managing complex integrations and SW versions - Mandatory
- Strong analytical skills and data driven product decision-making mindset.
- Managing multi product lane releases, dependencies, gates and millstones.
- Strong technological background, ability to understand wide perspective system view, including high-level and low-level technical architecture
- Ability to lead cross departments processes, ability to lead the implementation of new processes
- Experience with databases, BI and data analytics tools - an advantage
- Strong Linux, shell scripting skills - an advantage
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure systems - an advantage
- Bachelor or engineering degree in computer science or engineering management